Payments processed by PVF via Generosity in Action

U.S. citizens – 501(c)(3) tax deductible donation

Donations that will qualify for 501(c)(3) Tax Deduction

Tax paying Americans can make donations to Chipembele through Generosity in Action (GIA) – a designated fund at Philanthropic Ventures Foundation (PVF) which is an US registered 501(c)(3) public charity. Donors are thereby able to claim the US tax deductions. The 501(c)(3) Tax ID is 94-3136771.

Donations by credit card are processed by Network for Good which issues a qualified receipt by email immediately. For donations over $250 made by check the donor will receive a confirmation letter confirming a qualified donation., Otherwise a copy of your check having been made payable to Philanthropic Ventures Foundation will serve as receipt of a qualified donation.

There are some fees and charges that are deducted from your donation before we receive it. [1]

Donations Options

There are two methods of payment you can choose from, checks and credit card or PayPal.

1. Checks

Please make checks payable to: Philanthropic Ventures Foundation and note on the
memo line on the check – ‘CWET’ to ensure the money is directed to Chipembele.

Mail the check to:
Generosity in Action
c/o Philanthropic Ventures Foundation
1222 Preservation Park Way
Oakland
CA 94612-1201

2. Internet using credit card or PayPal directly to PVF/GIA.

Go to secure site: https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/generosityinaction

Once at PVF/Donate follow the instructions and select our organisation from the list of organisations.
“Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust (CWET) (South Luangwa, Zambia)” 

Donations that will qualify for 501(c)(3) Tax Deduction

Tax paying Americans can make donations to Chipembele through Generosity in Action – a designated fund at Philanthropic Ventures Foundation (PVF) which is a US registered 501(c)(3) public charity. Donors are thereby able to claim the US tax deductions. The 501(c)(3) Tax ID is 94-3136771.

Donations by credit card are processed by Network for Good which issues an immediate qualified receipt by email. For donations over $250 made by check will receive a confirmation letter confirming a qualified donation. Otherwise a copy of your check having been made payable to Philanthropic Ventures Foundation will serve as receipt of a qualified donation.

There are some fees and charges that are deducted from your donation before we receive it. [1]

Fees and Charges

These amounts are deducted before Chipembele receives your donation.

  1. Check: 2% administrative fee to PVF for donations made by check.
  2. Credit Card: 3% percentage administrative fee for credit card deductions taken by Network for Good (the processing organisation) and on the remaining 97% a further 2% is taken by PVF as an administrative charge.
  3. International Transfers. There are no further charge for the international bank transfer to Chipembele and there are no fees made to receive the funds by the bank holding Chipembele’s account in Zambia.