Where We Are
We have two locations. One, the Chipembele Offices which are located in the grounds of Mfuwe Secondary School. And two, the Chipembele Conservation Centre located 16km from Mfuwe in a remote part of the Lower Lupande Game Management Area. Follow the illustrated map below from the direction of Mfuwe Airport, through the kilometre posts as indicated, to the Chipembele Offices (21.7 km, about a 30 minute drive) and on to the Chipembele Conservation Centre (a further 19.6 km and about a 45 minute drive from Mfuwe) or follow the detailed written directions below from the petrol filling station in Mfuwe. You can print or save an A4 pdf version of the map and directions via the link below.
Coming to visit?
Visitors are welcome at Chipembele, please contact us prior to your visit so we can be sure to arrange a suitable time.
T: +260 216 246108
Directions to the Chipembele Offices
- Drive from the filling station in Mfuwe along the tar road in the direction of Mfuwe Airport.
- After 3km you will see a sign on the right hand side for Mfuwe Day Secondary School.
- Turn and follow the dirt track for 1km after which you will you will reach school buildings on the right hand side.
- As you drive past the first classrooms the road splits.
- Keep bearing left and the Chipembele Offices are just 100m from the first classrooms, on the left hand side.
Directions to Chipembele Conservation Centre
- From the filling station in Mfuwe drive toward the Park and after a couple of hundred metres turn left where you see a number of tourist lodge signs.
- After about 3km you will see a sign on the left that says Wildlife Camp, Mulberry Mongoose and Kafunta. Turn there and drop down onto a dirt road. You will start to see wildlife from here and no more buildings.
- Carry on down the road ignoring the signs on the right for Wildlife Camp and after another km or so ignore the signs for Nkwali. Keep straight ahead.
- Continue past the sign that says No fishing at Tundwe Lodge, bearing left (if you turned right there you would end up at Chief Kakumbi’s Palace).
- Go past the signs that say Kafunta Lodge, again bearing left. You are now just over half way.
- About 2km past the Kafunta turn you will drive over a dry river bed with a broken bridge on your left. This is the Kafunta River.
- Keep on that track for another 5 km until you reach an obvious T-junction.
- On the right you will see a sign up in a tree for Chipembele.
- Turn right here and Chipembele is on the right about 500m down that track.